December 07, 2006

It is Finished

For three years I have been reading from the novel list in The Well Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer. This week I completed the list. I have read every word in 31 novels. Yeah! Yippy! Hurray for me!! Yes, I am pretty impressed with myself right now. But here is the part that you're really interested in:

Top 3 Favorite Books
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (of course!)
  • The Return of the Native by Hardy
  • The House of Mirth by Wharton

Most Hated
  • Moby Dick

Authors I Plan to Read More Of
  • Bunyan
  • Austen (I've already read most of them)
  • Bronte (and her sisters)
  • Dickens
  • Hardy
  • Twain
  • Wharton
  • Orwell
  • Morrison

And to think that I had only previously read one author before I started (I read 1984 a few years ago and my 7th grade teacher read Animal Farm aloud). But finishing this list is not the best part. Next I will be reading from the Poetry list. Wowzah! I can hardly wait.

No comments: