November 14, 2006

Brain Full of Rotten Wool

I haven't been able to blog for a couple of weeks. My mind is in such a jumble. I find it hard to think clearly about anything lately. I hate that feeling.

One of the things I have worked on in my head is my bible study. We are going through The Teaching of the Epistle to the Hebrews by Geerhardus Vos. Our pastor studied this in seminary and got so much out of it. He thought it would be hard work for us but that we would get just as much out of it. But Vos' style is driving me bonkers! When I do a study I take notes on each paragraph, writing in my own words what the passage is saying. I can't do that with this book. I read it and then reread it more slowly. I go to study thinking I understand the gist but with a list of questions for clarification and find out I missed the point all together. I'm not learning anything new and I'm getting a huge headache every other Wednesday.

We also have medical issues going on with one of the kiddos. I'm stuck trying to decide if the malfunction is serious enough to persue diagnostic measures or not. The Drs. are of no help. I just don't know. I keep waiting for it to change somehow and it hasn't. It's like living with someone with an allergy to peanuts; it's minor in general but it is adnormal and complicates our family life. And it could be a sign of something more serious. Anyway, there will be a procedure done next week that will tell us if it's serious or not. If not then we will just learn to live with the malfunction.

These are just two things that I think about continually and are never resolved. There are several more. I wish I could clear the air a little bit. I crave simplicity.

On a happy note, I have been reading The BFG(Big Friendly Giant) by Roald Dahl to the kiddos this week. We are all loving it tremendously. The laughter is rolling every night between 7 and 8. Last night we read the chapter titled Frobscottle and Whizzpoppers. It was hysterical! Aunt Peewee, I will be reading it to the munchins the next time I see you. Think along the lines of "squeezing out those cheeseburgers." They will LOVE it!

No comments: