October 23, 2009

A Challenging Four Months

So the only thing I know about this challenge is that it has a really cool button and that it runs for four months(Nov. - Feb.). Well there is a little more to it than that. We are to make a list of books to fit into specified categories that are given a score. The rest of the info. will not be released until Nov. 1st when the challenge lifts off. And that's all that Virginie Says...(go see for yourself). That means I don't even know if the list that I make right now can be altered as I go. And I don't know what the point system is for. And I don't know if one book may count for more than one category(I checked the Part 1 of this challenge. It said a book only counts for one category. Darn!) This challenge may end up being challenging indeed.

I'm game. Are you? (I'll plug in my choices along the way)

Here are the categories with their point scores:

5 Point Challenges
Read a book with a proper name in the title - Because of Winn-Dixie
Read a book about a queen or king - The Song of Roland
Read a book by a Bronte - Jane Eyre
Read a book about Vampires - Dead Until Dark
Read a book by V.C. Andrews - Flowers in the Attic

10 Point Challenges
Read a book by Canadian author - Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
Read a book by Charles Dickens - Bleak House
Read a book set in France - My Life in France
Read a book by Georgette Heyer
Read an ‘art’ themed book - The Lady and the Unicorn

15 Point Challenges
Read a book with a Civil War theme (any country) - Across Five Acres
Read a book with characters inspired by King Arthur or about King Arthur/Camelot
Read a biography/autobiography - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Read a book related to or something by Shakespeare - Mistress Shakespeare
Read a book by an author born in November, December, January or February - Lonesome Prairie, Montana by Ocieanna Fleiss (Dec. 26th)

20 Point Challenges
Read a book with a wintery theme (Christmas, snow, ice, freezing etc.) - The Snowflake
Read a book that was a winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction - After This
Read a book that begins with A and one that begins with Z - Alice's Tulips and Zlateh the Goat
Read a book from The Modern Library Top 100 - Grapes of Wrath
Read a book and then write a review - The Hidden

5 comments:

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I'm intrigued by this challenge. I might join you in this.

Lezlie said...

This challenge looks like loads of fun! Good luck!!

Lezlie

Zibilee said...

You know, I have never really been in to challenges, but this year it seems like there are a lot of good ones out there. I am going to check this one out and consider it. Thanks for posting this!

bermudaonion said...

I hope you have fun with the challenge!

Melissa said...

This one sounds interesting! I'm headed off to find out more about it.