December 03, 2009

A Sweet Tradition



The mail carrier delivered some Swiss Colony goodies yesterday. It's a family tradition that my husband the whole family looks forward to every year. You can see a variety of sausages, old world cookies, a bottle of port, petits fours, macadamia nut chocolates, butter toffee, Bavarian creme torte, and liqueur truffles. That's a lot of sweets but the fun doesn't stop there. Before the weekend is over we will also have a large box of See's Candies and some fancy cheeses and crackers to go with those sausages. When Dad pulls out the sweets there are no limits either. You want 10 candies? Well, go right ahead. The only restriction is that there must be at least one of each kind of petits four and liqueur truffle for both Mom and Dad.

Let the gorging begin!

3 comments:

Ti said...

Oh, how I love petits fours.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh I love traditions like this - YUM!

Zibilee said...

Oh wow, this looks like a great tradition! My kids would love for us to do something like this, and I think my husband would go crazy over the meats and cheeses. Awesome that you guys do this. Have fun with it!