1. What are you reading right now?
The Coming of the Fairies by Arthur Conan Doyle
2. How many books have you read so far?
I've completed two: Confessions of a Slacker Wife & Green Angel
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Surviving a Writer's Life by Susanne Lipsett
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I did my grocery shopping yesterday and planned easy meals for the fam.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
You mean, other than the constant need to check Twitter? Actually my family of 5 have all been very cooperative and quiet.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
My lack of sleepiness(so far) and my low page count.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I think it has run very smoothly thus far. I'm impressed.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Read more graphic novels and picture books, you know, to artificially up my page count and give my self-esteem a boost. ;) And I'll sign up to be a cheerleader if I can't commit to reading all day.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Get a good night's sleep the night before. Eat more healthy snacks than junk. A little sugar boost regularly is better than a wallop of caffeine on an 'as needed' basis. A little exercise every hour or so will help your energy levels maintain at a steady pace.
Cheerleaders are AWESOME!