August 06, 2009

BTT: Let's Get Serious


What’s the most serious book you’ve read recently?

It depends on what you mean by serious. If what you mean is the absence of humor then I'd have to say The Walking People but I thought it just plain boring. If what you mean is the one that should be taken the most seriously then I'd have to say The Blue Notebook but only if you can stomach the subject matter. But if you mean the most serious book that I enjoyed then the answer would be The Well and the Mine.

To participate in this or future Booking Through Thursdays simply follow the link and check in every Thursday.

4 comments:

Lezlie said...

Good point. I hadn't considered various meanings of "serious". Of course, serious isn't a word that functions in my world too often. :-)

Lezlie

Susan said...

That's the second time someone has mentioned The Blue Notebook, perhaps I should check it out... Here's my response.

gautami tripathy said...

The Blue Notebook is on my wishlist!

Seriously booking through it!

Kill Word Verification

Zibilee said...

I don't think I have read a purely serious book for quite awhile, though some of my more recent books have been dark, and a bit depressing. I think the most serious thing I have read in the past few moths would have to be The Deptford Trilogy, by Robertson Davies. Lots of philosophy regarding the nature of man. I have to say, I didn't like it all that much.