October 12, 2008

The Sunday Salon

Am I totally unable to stick with a plan or what? As soon as I hit the post button on last week's TSS post I changed my reading plans. I realised that if I read two chapters a day from Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell then I can finish it by the end of the month, which will allow me to count it toward two reading challenges. I've also been reading at least one chapter a day from A Fine and Private Place. I set aside the Reading Like a Professor book and the poetry. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

But this week there will be no changing of plans. I received a review copy of The Believers, the newest novel by Zoe Heller, for the Barnes and Noble First Look Book Club. I have one week to read before the discussion begins next Monday. This will be my first time participating and I am excited.

I wanted to say a great big thank you to everyone who reads this blog. THANK YOU!! And especially for those who let me know they stopped in by leaving a comment. If you've left a comment in the last month you are now linked in my sidebar. Not linked? You know what to do.

One last thing before I sign out, Jayne Pupek has offered a copy of her amazing book Tomato Girl to one lucky reader of Educating Petunia. Look for giveaway information sometime this week. And have a great one.

3 comments:

Eva said...

I couldn't ration out A Fine and Private Place at all, lol. I raced through it!

Anonymous said...

I got The Mighty Queens of Freeville from B & N and thought it was fun. I hope your book is as good.

Lisa said...

Hi, I just stumbled over from bermudaonion. I'm looking forward to exploring your blog, gorgeous banner picture!