October 10, 2008

NaNoWriMo Begins Soon



National Novel Writing Month, or nanowrimo for you cool folks, is only a few short weeks away. Starting Nov. 1st I will be starting the insanity; a month long quest to write the Great American Novel, or at least 50,000 words of it. Sound interesting? Click on over and sign up. Then come back and let me know so I can cheer you on.

In preparation I will be doing a little writing from prompts. There are some great photo prompts at A Thousand Words. Or I may dip into a couple of books: Writing Without the Muse and The Writer's Idea Book. Anyone interested in joining me?

3 comments:

J.L. Danger said...

I'm in! I do it every year! Such fun...

Shelley said...

Even though I love reading, I'm a horrible writer! I just found your blog after reading your comments on frugality at Books on the Brain. I was so impressed I came on over for a visit. It looks like you are reading some great books for challenges. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to do NaNoWriMo again this year. I've done it... three times? Four times? Several times, at any rate, but I am uneasy about taking on more commitments at the moment. I'll decide later in the month, I think.

@Chain Reader -- I think that many people are "horrible" writers because they don't practice (because they think they are horrible, and stop themselves). NaNoWriMo is a great thing for experimenting in writing, and also for the experience of just getting the words out on the page -- with the editing to be done later! You'll never become better through inaction.