January 17, 2008

Fresh Paper

A visit to the used book store yielded some treasures in surprisingly great shape. They are:
  • The Glimpses of the Moon by Edith Wharton-a title I am unfamiliar with but that sounds like another winner.
  • Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen-I've been wanting to read something of hers lately. Now I have the chance.
  • The Aeneid by Virgil-after reading The Iliad and The Odyssey last summer, this one seems like a logical next step.
  • The Mysterious Stranger and Other Stories by Mark Twain-you gotta love Twain.
  • A Passage to India by E.M. Forster-I've read all his other well known novels but not this one. I've heard it is his best one. I all ready had a copy but it was old and written in. This one looks like it was never even opened.

8 comments:

pussreboots said...

There I go, adding three more books to my wishlist. The other two I've read. LOL.

Jeane said...

I'm curious to hear what you'll think of Seven Gothic Tales. I really like Dinesen.

Trish said...

I do love Mark Twain. I passed up a short story collection at 1/2 price books a few years ago and I've been kicking myself since then! Maybe I'll read Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer sometime this year...

Carrie K said...

Oh, nice additions to your library. I'm not familiar with that Wharton either. Passage to India was much better than I'd been expecting.

BookGal said...

Enjoy Passage to India. I liked it much better than the movie.

BookGal said...

Sorry I hit the wrong button and put the wrong link up.

Eva said...

Looks like fun! Those books all seem brand new-that must be a nice used bookstore.

Petunia said...

Puss-now I wonder which ones were added to the list.

Jeane-me too. Amazon keeps recommending her to me. Maybe I'll read just one before I start the next book on my list.

Trish-I've read Huck Finn but I have still not read Tom Sawyer. I know. Shame on me.

Carrie-if the story is anything as beautiful as the cover I am sure to love it.

Bookgal-I didn't realize there was a movie. I'll be looking it up now. But I'll read the book first.

Eva-actually it's a library story and usually the books are in really bad shape. I was just fortunate this time.