September 15, 2006

Yes, I'm Human

I made a big boo boo. I confused George Orwell and H.G.Wells in my post just below. Here I thought my post was pretty good until I read another book with a reference to Orwell's(not Well's) 1984. I went pale. I feel like such an idiot.

This is not the only time I've confused authors. I often morph Twain and Dickens. And who hasn't interchanged the Bronte sisters? Normally I would have checked the bookshelf before hitting send but all my books are packed away. (picture weeping and gnashing of teeth) I suppose I could have checked Amazon. Oh well.

Now I have to decide, do I want to go back and edit my earlier entry or should I leave it as is? Of course I want to change it but then I'd have to get rid of this post all together. No, I think I will keep it up for all the World Wide Web to see. It's my way of saying, "I'm not perfect." Now can we get on with life?

(I'm still thinking the writing in The Island of Dr. Moreau will not disappoint.)

No comments: