September 02, 2006

R.I.P. Autumn Challenge


While making the daily blog rounds I came across the Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge. Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings is challenging book lovers to read 5 books between now and Halloween "that you think meet the very open, broad criteria of being scary, eerie, moody, dripping with atmosphere, gothic, unsettling, etc."

Even though I am moving in 3 weeks and have several other books I deperately want to get through I will be joining the challenge. I pulled these books off my shelves:

1.The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G.Wells
2.The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Loouis Stevenson
3.Lord of the Flies by William Golding
4.Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
5.The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

I've been wanting to read most of these for some time now and this gives me the perfect excuse. Anyone else care to join in?


2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Very good list. I haven't read Wells or Lord of the Flies. I'm kind of surprised I got through school and never had to read this. I have determined that I have got to start reading H.G. Wells. So glad you're joining in!

Petunia said...

Wow! My first comment.
Thanks Carl. I didn't read anything in school but Shakespeare so this will be my first run through with all of these. I am looking forward to it.