May 04, 2010

Trying Something New

My new philosophy for life is "I'll try it!" The ! is the most important part of the philosophy. It is the anchor that guarantees no chickening out at the last moment. Sometimes I rely very heavily on that !. Even when I don't care for the end result I have always been glad that I gave it a try. Here are a few of my new endevers from the dinner table:

Grilled Oysters-my first taste of oysters. I liked them.



Jumbo Shrimp-I didn't like the texture. It felt like biting into a finger. Yuck.


Clam Spaghetti-Very good.


Buffalo Burgers-Wow, these were seriously great!


Fried Avacados-add a cream cheese filling and drizzle with honey. I'm all over that.
*note - I wish I could take credit for the awesome photos but I only took the last one. Thank you to google images for the rest of them.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Good for you! I need to get more daring in my eating.

Zibilee said...

I love oysters, clams, and shrimp, so now you've got my mouth watering!! I am glad to hear that you are trying new things!

Jenny said...

I can't do oysters and clams, particularly oysters (I always think of "The Walrus and the Carpenter"!), but looooove shrimp. Glad that (most of) your eating experiments turned out well. :)

spankey said...

My fiance just got me to try oysters. A little icky, but not as bad as I thought they'd be. Being a little more adventurous can be a good, albeit scary, thing!