April 16, 2010

Adventures in Cooking-Crepes

My heart stopped beating for a second as my mind caught up. For a couple of months I had been searching in vain for an affordable crepe pan. Then, out of the blue, I saw it. Not just any crepe pan either. It was electric and about half the price of a standard crepe pan. And that's not all. It was clearance priced!



My inauguration of the most awesomest crepe pan ever occurred at the house of a family friend. Because I am without my Mastering the Art of French Cooking I settled for the generic recipe in the instruction manual. It was quite simple. The crepe pan works like a waffle iron. Coat the pan with the batter. When the little light turns off, the crepe is ready to be removed. The crepes came out perfect ever single time. Fill with sugared strawberries, top with whipped cream, and call it dessert.

While they were absolutely delicious, I will try the Julia Child dessert crepe recipe just as soon as I get custody of my cookbook. Then I will try the dinner crepe recipe with chicken salad. Oh, I can't wait!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love crepes of all kinds! However, I stand by my original statement: the best crepe is one filled with Grand Marnier! ;)

Petunia said...

I'm looking up that recipe right now.

Jeane said...

Ooh, those look so delicious! and beautiful! I'm not very good at making crepes, perhaps I need a special pan like yours.

bermudaonion said...

I haven't made crepes in a long time - now you've got me wanting some.

Petunia said...

Jeane-It's a Cucino Pro Cordless Crepe Maker. It's dummy proof. Not that you're a dummy. Just sayin.

Kathy-I'm interested to know your favorite way to eat crepes, you having lived in France and all.

Danielle said...

Yum. Those look delicious. I've not had crepes since high school when I took French and was in French Club--my teacher would make them.

Jenny said...

I am not even the biggest crepe fan, and those look delicious. Mmm, with the strawberries and everything. YUM.

Zibilee said...

Oh awesome! It's always so nice when you find something that you have been wanting for such a good price. I love the look of those crepes as well. Enjoy your new toy!