September 21, 2009

Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge


I have been staring longingly at my well stocked shelves for the last couple of months thinking, "as soon as I finish these ARCs..." only to find myself requesting yet another ARC. But I have some exciting news, I'm on my last review copy right now. It will be reviewed by the end of the week. *rejoice* With this goal accomplished I can make room for another: to read the books I have already paid good money for. So this new challenge comes with perfect timing.

Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge. It is what it sounds like. The 2 most important rules are these: the books must have been on your shelves for at least 6 months and you estimate a percentage of books to read instead of a number of books. I'm going to aim low with a 50% goal. That means that if I read 10 books between 10/1/09 and 11/30/09 then 5 of them should be something I bought or received back in March or earlier. As I have almost 700 unread books languishing in neat little rows this challenge shouldn't be all that challenging.

Come join the fun. From what I have seen around the blogosphere there will be loads of friends to cheer each other on. Visit S. Krishna's Books for details and to link up.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm doing this one too. I hope it motivates me. Good luck!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I need this challenge; hope it helps LOL

enjoy

Zibilee said...

Your stack of unreads sounds a lot like mine. Although I don't really enter a lot of challenges, I think I may just try to get on board with this one. It seems like a great way to clear some shelf room. Good luck!