June 15, 2009

New Agatha Christy Mysteries on Masterpiece

Agatha Christy is the mother of all mystery writers. I just love her Miss Marple and Hercules Poirot series. So I was super excited to find out about this: "With grey cells firing and knitting needles clicking, Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple return to Masterpiece mystery!" There are two new Poirot mysteries starring David Suchet and an all new Miss Marple series beginning starring Julia McKenzie from Cranford. They begin next Sunday, June 21st and run for the next 6 weeks. And, best of all, at least for me, is that it will be broadcast on the internet so if you miss it on Sunday you can still watch it online anytime for the following two weeks. I plan to dig out my Agatha Christy Omnibus and read ahead in preparation. The first mystery is Cat Among the Pigeons. Anyone care to join me?

Check out the Masterpiece page to get all the details.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Thanks for this post! I didn't know about this, but I'm making a note of it now.

Donura said...

I missed seeing the announcement but I found that you can watch each episode online the day after it is aired. I sat and enjoyed A Cat among Pigeons yesterday afternoon all by myself. I am a sucker for the Christie mysteries.