February 11, 2009

B&N Standouts

My thoughts on the best of Barnes & Nobles' Review.

Five Books - Romance

  1. The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
  2. Casanova by Ian Kelly
  3. The New InterCourses by Martha Hopkins
  4. War for the Oaks by Emma Bull
  5. What I Did for Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

I am totally disappointed in this week's selections. But I am eying that biography of the world's best known lover, Casanova. It's going onto the TBR list right now.


The Long List - 50 of the best books, CDs and DVDs

My favorites:
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (this one happens to be sitting right next to me)
The Mighty Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickinson (this one is next to me too)
Embracing the Wide Sky by Daniel Tammet
A Hell of Mercy by Tim Farrington

No comments: