May 15, 2008

The Wind-Up Book Chronicle


Michelle comes up with such interesting challenges. I simply can't resist. This time it's the Wind-Up Book Chronicle. The idea is to finish reading any books you had previously put aside. There are a few rules so you'll want to follow the link to get the lowdown.

Originally I thought of a book or two but then my list grew and grew. I have narrowed it down to three:

  1. The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery - I found this one boring so I shelved it about two years ago. Hopefully the last 80 pages won't be as bad.
  2. How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster - this one fell victim to my aversion to non-fiction. I really liked it but I stopped halfway through because it was taking a lot of effort.
  3. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke - This chunkster has almost 500 pages still to go. It's a challenge book that I am determined to conquer, even if it kills me in the end.

No comments: