May 25, 2008

The Sunday Salon

A little of this, a little of that. That is how my day was spent. A bit of church, a little nap, some time to read and a visit with friends. Very relaxing.

After finishing The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton last night I was anxious to start the tiny book I found at the library on Friday. The Woman Who Wouldn't by Gene Wilder. That's right, the original Willy Wonka is an author. The book is only about 5x7 in size and 165 pages. The writing is very spare and clean which keeps the story moving along at a good pace. I cannot help but envision Gene Wilder as the main character because it is so much like a movie he would have starred in. At least so far. I think my Memorial Day will be pleasant with Mr. Wilder around.

What are you reading this holiday weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Sunday sounds perfect :)

And you're the third person today who has mentioned the Wedensday Sisters~I must read this book!!

I didn't know Gene Wilder had written any fiction. Years ago, I read his memoir about Gilda Radner's experience with ovarian cancer.

Thanks for stopping by Bookstack yesterday, and for your thoughtful comment :)

Jeane said...

Sounds like a very peaceful day. I just finished a blah book and am looking for a new one to delight me.

Megan said...

I am working my way through Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen for a book club I am part of. Pretty good.

Petunia said...

Ravenous-The Wednesday Sisters was an ARC from Library Thing's Early Reviewers program. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it.

Jeane-I need a delightful read myself. I hope we both find one this week.

Megan-Just looked it up on Amazon. It looks good to me.