May 13, 2008

6 Random Things About Meme

I was tagged but kept putting it off. I've read several other Random Things from all over but I waited. But now it is time before Susie at The Stuffed Shelf starts to worry that I'm unhappy about being tagged. I'm not; I'm just lazy.

1. I take on the speech patterns of those around me. I spoke with a lisp in high school because my best friend did. When my sister visits from Texas I pick up her accent. It's kind of embarrassing.
2. I got my ears pierced for my 7th or 8th birthday. It was so painful to have the first one done that I freaked out about the second ear. Because I wouldn't sit still the second ear was pierced crooked.
3. My home state is California but Washington is the home of my heart. We lived there for only one year but it was the best year of my life.
4. I have extremely bizarre and frightening dreams on a regular basis. It's a trait that runs in my family.
5. I like to wear makeup but I rarely wear lipstick. I think it looks funny on me.
6. Since I learned you can watch all the past and current seasons of Lost on abc.go.com I am totally addicted. And I'm now a big fan of Dancing with the Stars. I'm pulling for Jason to win. I wish they would run the past seasons of Dancing.

If you're interested, I did an 8 Random Things meme last year.

9 comments:

Laura said...

I also take on the speech patterns of those I spend a lot of time with! Not only do I pick up on particular words or phrases, but the actual way they talk! It's nice to know I'm not alone! :)

Anonymous said...

I pick up speech habits too. Scary about the scary dreams!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I was going to mention that my co-worker picks up speech patterns of others, but she already did (Laura). :) I don't wear lipstick for the same reason--just chapstick for me!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

OH, and I've given up on DWTS this season--I was really disappointed the first couple weeks and finally said "enough!" I loved the first season I watched--with Apolo.

Anonymous said...

Hi, found your blog on LT. I'm only just making my way around to everyone's blogs. I look forward to more of your reviews :)

Elizabeth said...

Hi - found your blog at LT and wanted to say hello. I am also a huge DWTS fan, although my not-so-secret crush, Maks, was not on this season.

Petunia said...

Laura and Carrie-I was really scared when my husband once talked of moving to Tennesee. I just knew my family would be merciless about such a strong accent.

Trish-Given up? I can't give up now until I know who wins. I like all three of the finalists.

KBook and Elizabeth-if I haven't visited your blogs yet I surely will soon. Thanks for the visit.

Susan O'Bryant said...

Thank you for playing along with my tag!

I've heard that having frequent vivid dreams is a sign of high intelligence. :)

Jeane said...

I pick up others' speech patterns too- it can be particularly embarassing when its a person for whom English is their second language- sometimes I think they think I'm talking down to them... but half the time I don't even notice!

And I didn't get my ears pierced until I was thirty!