April 07, 2008

A Good Weekend, Ye Matey

The house was overrun by pirates this weekend. It was a pirate birthday party to beat all. We walked the plank, "bombed" each other with water balloons, found a map (belonging to the Dread Pirate Roberts, of course) and followed it to buried treasure. It was a lot of fun. But the part of it that I was most proud of was the cake. Following directions I got from FamilyFun.com, I was able to make a treasure chest cake that was too cool to eat. But thanks to a butter cake and cream cheese frosting, not to mention all the candy, it will soon be buried again, in our stomachs.


7 comments:

Sandie said...

I have made this cake before too! It is a lot of fun. Yours turned out graeat!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Mmmm, yummy! Sounds like a fun pARRRRRRRty (so says Trish in her best pirate voice). Sorry, couldn't help myself. Cake looks delicious.

Petunia said...

Sandie-if I ever make it again I will make it bigger. It's hard to tell from the picture but it's only the size of a loaf pan.

Trish-it occurs to me now that I never did try to use pirate speak for the party. Oh well.

Robin said...

What a great cake and creative party!

Eva said...

What a fun cake! :)

Carl V. Anderson said...

Argh! Sounds like a mighty fine time!

Eloise said...

That cake looks fabulous. What a fantastic party!