December 20, 2007

Music for the Season

Music was an important part of celebrating Christmas in my family.  As soon as Thanksgiving was over Jingle Bells flowed through the house.  For me it was a tradition to cherish.  Here is a sampling of what we are listening to at this time of year:

  • The Gift by Jim Brickman- his piano is my idea of loveliness.  I could listen to this one CD for hours.
  • Jewel- A Holiday Collection- A few of the songs on here are a bit corny but some are breathtaking, like Ave Maria.
  • Christmas Greetings by Kenny Rogers- a childhood favorite I can't live without.
  • Dream a Dream by Charlotte Church- her voice is truly like a dream in just about every song.

And here are a few more that are on my list for next year:

  •  Christmas with the Chipmunks- I can't tell you how much fun I had with this as a kid.  Very fun!
  • Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan- I listened to some of it while shopping the other night and now I definitely want it.
  • Trans-Siberian Orchestra- I'm not sure yet which one I would like the best but you can watch a few videos of theirs for yourself.

What is your favorite Christmas album this year?  And which one are you hoping to find in your stocking?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought my family was the only one that listened to the CHipmunks Christmas album :-)

Anne said...

Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong is definitely my favorite Christmas album this year! I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I LOVE Sarah McLachlan's Christmas CD. Also high on my list are Josh Groban's Noel and Celine Dion's These Are Special Times. And if you can find it, Peter Kater's christmas album (all piano and very beautiful...the name escapes me right now).

Petunia said...

Verb-I got the CD for my sis last year and she loved it.

Anne-She has such a beautiful voice. It's perfect for Christmas music.

Trish-I considered adding Groban to my list. Thanks for telling me about Kater. I love instrumental, especially piano.